Advertisement

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Serena Williams Sets Radwanska Clash

Serena Williams thought Wednesday night’s match in the BNP Paribas Open against defending champion
Simona Halep could be a measuring stick. What it seemed to be measuring was the distance between Williams and the rest of the WTA.
Halep played fine, but she couldn’t do much in losing 6-4, 6-3 to Williams in 68 minutes.
“I'm happy to be able to close that one out,” Williams said. “Obviously I think there are always things that I would like to work on to do better, but overall I think it was a solid win for me.”
“She knows how to play in big stadiums and big matches, big games,” Williams said. “Obviously she does everything so well, including running, and this is a good surface for her because it's a slow surface. I think I expect there will be a lot of long rallies.

“Honestly, I will be ready. I really like Aga on and off the court. I think she's super exciting to watch on the court, and off the court I think she's really one of the nicest people. Regardless, I think it will be a really good match-up.” 
Williams said that she had noticed Radwanska’s consistency this year. With her victory over Kvitova, that makes it four semifinals in all four tournaments she’s played this year. Radwanska won a title in Shenzhen and lost to Williams in the Australian Open semifinal 6-0, 6-4.
“She's been so consistent. I was thinking she should be (ranked) higher,” Williams said. “It's unfortunate it can't be a final, but we'll see how it goes.

“I don't think she's won this tournament yet, but obviously she probably wants to. We will see how that goes.”

Source: BNP Paribas Open

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post